Greater Toronto Area, ON
We are currently looking for a full time permanent Senior Financial Analyst (SFA) to join our team. This role will report into the financial controller. The SFA will accept the challenge of assisting with financial reporting and analysis. The role allows for significant professional development as you are the accountant, analyst and consultant for multiple department heads and a valued leader. This exciting business partnering role provides exposure to all areas including retail, ecommerce, marketing, and operations. This requires you to apply your technical expertise and analytical skills to be successful in this entrepreneurial culture.
- Assist the Controller in managing the accounting operations including the review of journal entries, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and statutory reporting.
- Support budgeting and forecasting process and procedures, such as analyzing variable costs and make budget adjustments as appropriate.
- Support the preparation of monthly financial statements and external reporting to key stakeholders, ensuring that all reporting requirements are met.
- Work with the Controller and operations to define, measure, analyze, improve and control current processes which impact customer quality and influence internal operating efficiency.
- Assist the Controller on the formulation of accounting policies, procedures and controls accordingly to IFRS.
- Provide advice and guidance on all accounting matters including financial systems, record keeping, analysis, and reporting
- Assist year-end working papers and spreadsheets, and assist with preparation for any audits or independent reviews
- Assist in cost accounting by setting-up inventory costing for manufacturing component
- Ensure rapid and consistent collection of receivables by refining and implementing control mechanisms
- Work with cross functional team as the financial business partner to advise on cost management, cost control measures and the cost effectiveness of their areas.
- Other related duties as required or assigned.
- Support financial controller on day-to-day deliverables and special projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CA, CMA, CGA or CPA designation
- Minimum 3 years combined experience in accounting and finance with solid knowledge of accounting functions
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with high credibility at all levels of the organization
- Strong financial analysis background
- IFRS experience an asset
- Experience working with ERP systems an asset