Santa Rosa, CA
WHO WE ARE AND WHY WORK WITH US?
Origin House is a North American cannabis consumer products company currently focused on building a leading distribution business in California, the world’s largest regulated cannabis market. By building a world-class logistics platform and supporting contract manufacturing assets, the Company intends to support the growth of new and established cannabis brands. The Company believes California, home to some of the world’s most discerning consumers and a nexus of information and trends, will be the point of inception for the global cannabis brands of the future. Origin House has developed a diversified portfolio of assets within the cannabis sector, including research, infrastructure and intellectual property to support our existing brands, partner products and distribution networks. The Company’s leadership and staff combines passion and a hands-on understanding of the cannabis industry, with proven financial and legal expertise. Origin House’s shares trade on the Canadian Stock Exchange (CSE) under the symbol CRZ and in the US on the OTCQX under the symbol CNNRF.
Working at Origin House provides a unique opportunity to help shape the emerging and exciting cannabis industry. As more jurisdictions across North America move towards complete cannabis legalization, entrepreneurs and investors alike are looking for opportunities to support and build companies in the cannabis space. Origin House offers the opportunity to be at the forefront of innovation in this industry, and to get involved at an early-stage.
** This position will be based in both Oakland and Santa Rosa **
The The FP&A Reporting Analyst will support the FP&A Manager through reporting and analytics on the financial performance of Origin House’s existing and future California Business Units. More specifically this position will work in collaboration with the divisional finance leadership in providing direct hands on support to the FP&A Manager in reporting, data analytics, analyzing trends and variances, tracking KPIs and management dashboards to support strategic business decisions relating to Origin House’s California Operations.
California Operations financial analysis and reporting
- Work in collaboration with the operations and finance teams in the various business units to understand the business structure, business model, pricing and cost components of Origin House’s branded products to provide appropriate reporting
- Understand costing information and pricing models to develop reporting in supporting effective pricing strategies and insights on cultivation, manufacturing, and distribution for Origin House’s products with a view to meeting short, medium and long-term objectives
- Collection and extraction of financial and market data for various business units (i.e. cultivation, manufacturing, distribution and brands)
- Help maintain budget and forecast templates and various financial models
- Help support and track the identified and implemented Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Origin House’s brands, and non-branded products, to promote timely effective decision making
- Participate in monthly business reviews and provide analytical support focused to each business unit (i.e. cultivation, manufacturing, distribution and brands)
- Perform ad-hoc financial/quantitative analysis and various reporting, financial modeling, and business operations requests
- Build a collaborative working relationship and become one of the financial liaisons with divisional and corporate leadership to support management and business unit reporting for Origin House’s California Operations
Financial Management of California Operations
In collaboration with divisional and corporate leadership, support the California Operations strategy business unit by:
- Providing effective, appropriate financial management support oversight
- Help ensure compliance with applicable divisional and corporate policies
- Track and support effective process flows and internal controls over capital and operating expenditures
- Provide financial reporting for projects
- Provide assistance in supporting reporting reconciliation
- Support the monthly close process to ensure timely, accurate and complete financial accounting and reporting
- Provide performance reporting and variance analysis to budgets and forecasts
- Provide effective support to the FP&A Manager in all data collection and extraction to support strategic decisions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or a related quantitative field required
- One to three years of FP&A, data analyst experience or relevant work experience in a finance environment preferably in the Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) or Cannabis industry
- Strong financial acumen including experience with data collection, management reporting, variance analysis and other analyst support functions in forecasting and budgeting
- Excellent written and verbal communications and presentation skills
- Ability to balance multiple, diverse priorities and produce high quality deliverables
- Functional knowledge of financial reporting systems and methodologies
- Proficient with MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, ) and experience working with QuickBooks Enterprise or other accounting systems
- Communication skills of explaining complex data topics to non-experts
- Strong experience in SQL
- Proficient in Tableau and building reporting dashboards
- Strong experience working with large-scale datasets and multiple tasks or projects simultaneously
This position is for you if you…
- Are detail-oriented and capable of analyzing and synthesizing large complex data sets with creativity and innovation
- Thrive in a challenging and high-performance, fluid, and entrepreneurial
- Have an understanding and/or interest in the burgeoning cannabis industry, particularly in North American markets
- Have a demonstrated interest in being part of an entrepreneurial culture and are highly effective in working with limited supervision
- You are passionate about using data to understand multi-faceted problems and topics
- You want to grow your knowledge of an industry while also sharpening your analytical skills
- Are deadline driven with a strong work ethic
- You are a highly analytical and structured thinker
- Have sound business judgement and commercial acumen
- Are effective and comfortable working collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team
- Are comfortable communicating with senior executives
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team, however only those whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of this position will be contacted.
We do not accept unsolicited résumés from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee-based recruitment services.
Origin House is an equal opportunity employer and committed to delivering accessibility for all persons with disabilities.