Job title: Senior Financial Analyst
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Reports to: Corporate Controller
WHO WE ARE AND WHY WORK WITH US?
Origin House is a Canadian public company (CSE: CRZ) (OTCQX: CNNRF) that operates, advises and invests in various companies operating in or servicing the cannabis industry across North America. Working at Origin House provides a unique opportunity to help shape the emerging and exciting cannabis industry. As more jurisdictions across North America move towards complete cannabis legalization, entrepreneurs and investors alike are looking for opportunities to support and build companies in the cannabis space. Origin House offers the opportunity to be at the forefront of the innovation within this industry, and to get meaningfully involved at a relatively early-stage. To find out more, visit us at https://originhouse.com/.
SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST
Origin House is seeking an experienced financial analyst to support our Canadian corporate operations; the selected candidate will carry-out key responsibilities on behalf of Corporate Finance and act as a business finance party to their assigned division. This role’s assigned division will be the Corporate Development, Project Management, and Corporate Planning departments. As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will be a key member of the Finance team and be involved in supporting the Company’s financial operations, internal and external financial reporting, tax and regulatory compliance, and business planning. A successful candidate must be professional, proactive and positive when interacting with their clients, and capable to prioritize and manage multiple concurrent responsibilities and ad hoc requests; while working independently.
- Maintain financial records and supporting schedules
- Provide bookkeeping and transactional support as needed, including preparation of monthly journal entries, posting division’s invoices into the ERP, and management of the division’s GL account balances
- Assist with routine and ad hoc research and financial analysis
- Analyze and explain variances regarding operating expenses and balance sheet accounts generated by the division, including reconciliations for monthly closings and year-end audits
- Assist in the preparation budget and forecasting
- Support financial management dashboards and reports for senior management
- Assist with project cost tracking, budgets, and analysis
- Provide internal and external audit support
- Assist in month-end closing and annual audits
- Professional accounting designation (CPA, CA, CMA, or GCA) is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics, or a related discipline is required.
- Three to five years of experience in a related role is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with management, accounting staff and business partners as required.
- Proficient with MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Ability to analyze business conditions, understand business needs, identify and overcome obstacles to success independently.
- A strong commitment to working collaboratively as part of a team in order to meet important deadlines and successfully achieve deliverables.
- IFRS experience
- Solid knowledge of accounting functions
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Experience with QuickBooks Enterprise or Sage X3 is a plus.
This position is for you if you…
- Thrive in a challenging and high-performance environment.
- Have the ability to manage several priorities and meet deadlines.
- Are able to anticipate needs and are willing to assist as required.
- Have an interest in being part of an entrepreneurial culture.
- Are detail oriented and results driven.
- Embrace the challenge of a high growth environment.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team, however only those whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of this position will be contacted.
We do not accept unsolicited résumés from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee-based recruitment services.
Origin House is an equal opportunity employer and committed to delivering accessibility for all persons with disabilities. all persons with disabilities.