Origin House (CSE: OH) (OTCQX: ORHOF) is a growing cannabis products and brands company operating across key markets in the U.S. and Canada, with a strategic focus on becoming a preeminent global house of cannabis brands.
Working at Origin House provides a unique opportunity to help shape the emerging and exciting cannabis industry. As more jurisdictions across North America move towards complete cannabis legalization, entrepreneurs and investors alike are looking for opportunities to support and build companies in the cannabis space. Origin House offers the opportunity to be at the forefront of the innovation within this industry, and to get meaningfully involved at a relatively early stage. To find out more, visit us at www.originhouse.com.
SENIOR CORPORATE M&A COUNSEL
One of the key functions of the Origin House Legal Department is to support the company’s Corporate Development team in its fast-paced M&A activities. In this function, the Legal Department assists in the preparation of transaction documents, handles due diligence, and leads closings for the company’s investment, acquisition, and divesture efforts, as well as financings and other corporate transactions. Outside of assisting in M&A activity, the Legal Department also supports Origin House’s existing business in manufacturing, distribution and retail. The successful candidate will join the Legal Department in Toronto, reporting to the Associate General Counsel, and act as a key resource in leading various corporate transactions, as well as acting as a key advisor to Origin House in its day-to-day commercial legal needs.
- Leading large and complex commercial transactions including mergers and acquisitions, financings, joint ventures, strategic partnerships and all related corporate activity, with guidance from the Associate General Counsel
- Drafting and negotiating a full suite of corporate and commercial agreements
- Liaising with key internal and external stakeholders
- Successfully managing external counsel
- Providing corporate and regulatory advice specific to the industry including regulatory changes and corporate governance issues
- Assisting with corporate secretarial matters
- Leading and mentoring other internal legal professionals
This position is for you if you…
- Have an interest and understanding of the burgeoning cannabis industry, particularly in North American markets
- Are effective and comfortable working collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, including the capacity to work effectively with senior personnel and external contacts
- Have the proven ability to handle multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously while meeting strict deadlines
- Comfortable working independently but are a team player and want what’s best for the company
- Have strong working knowledge of communication principles and practices
- Thrive in a challenging and high-performance, entrepreneurial environment
- Are highly effective in working with limited supervision
- Are deadline driven with a strong work ethic
- Licensed to practice law in Ontario
- 5+ years corporate/M&A experience from a top-tier law firm and/or in a leading in-house legal department
- Exceptional academics from a top university
- Be able to lead a range of transactions from beginning to end, with minimal guidance
- Have a broad knowledge of M&A, finance deals and related transactions
- Excellent contract drafting skills are a must
- Strong understanding of commercial contracts – drafting, negotiating and advising on them with an excellent technical capability
- Be able to develop strong relationships both internally and externally with prior stakeholder engagement and management experience
- A leader, with the ability to manage and develop a team of junior lawyers
- Operate as an effective team member in a close-knit and collaborative team
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team, however only those whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of this position will be contacted.
We do not accept unsolicited résumés from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee-based recruitment services at this time.
Origin House is an equal opportunity employer and committed to delivering accessibility for all persons with disabilities.