Santa Rosa, CA
Payroll Manager – Santa Rosa, CA
WHOWE ARE AND WHY WORK WITH US?
Origin House is a Canadian public company (CSE:CRZ) (OTCQX: CNNRF) that operates, advises and invests in various companies operating in or servicing the cannabis industry across North America. Working at Origin House provides a unique opportunity to help shape the emerging and exciting cannabis industry. As more jurisdictions across North America move towards complete cannabis legalization, entrepreneurs and investors alike are looking for opportunities to support and build companies in the cannabis space. Origin House offers the opportunity to be at the forefront of the innovation within this industry, and to get meaningfully involved at a relatively early stage. To find out more, visit us at https://originhouse.com.
The Payroll Manager is responsible for supporting and ensuring accurate processing and recording of payroll. Provides timely and accurate financial information related to payroll. The role requires a high level of customer service to employees by answering questions and resolving payroll-related issues in a timely and professional manner.
· Daily entries and updates to client payroll accounts
· Finalize and process payroll bi-weekly or semi-monthly
· Calculate and process garnishments
· Sending out payroll reminders to clients 2-3 days before payroll processing
· Onboarding new employees and helping with any questions that come up
· Directing employees on using self-service portal
· Assist in the various payroll tax audits and special projects
· Managing the payroll email and replying to all inquiries
· Coordinate benefit enrollments and deductions
· Month end closing and audits
· Generate monthly payroll reports
· Conduct year-end reporting for W-2s
· Process timecards and follow up with managers/supervisors as needed
· Respond to verifications of employment
· Maintain records of LOA pay
· Other payroll and HR duties as assigned
This position is for you if you…
· Thrive in a challenging and high-performance environment
· Have the ability to manage several priorities and meet multiple tight deadlines
· Are able to anticipate needs and willing to help as needed
· Have a demonstrated interest in being part of an entrepreneurial culture.
· Are results oriented
· Embrace the challenge of a high growth environment
· 3-5 years of payroll experience
· AA degree or equivalent from a 2-year college
· Ability to multi-task
· Strong customer service skills, with an ability to manage multiple clients at once
· Close attention to details and accuracy with numbers
· Comfortable using several payroll platforms
Origin House is an equal opportunity employer and committed to delivering accessibility for all persons with disabilities.