Santa Rosa, CA
Job title: Accounting Assistant
Location: Santa Rosa
WHO WE ARE AND WHY WORK WITH US?
Origin House is a Canadian public company (CSE: CRZ) (OTCQX: CNNRF) that operates, advises and invests in various companies operating in or servicing the cannabis industry across North America. Working at Origin House provides a unique opportunity to help shape the emerging and exciting cannabis industry. As more jurisdictions across North America move towards complete cannabis legalization, entrepreneurs and investors alike are looking for opportunities to support and build companies in the cannabis space. Origin House offers the opportunity to be at the forefront of the innovation within this industry, and to get meaningfully involved at a relatively early-stage. To find out more, visit us at https://originhouse.com/.
The Accounting Assistant will provide support with providing basic accounting duties and vendor maintenance.
- Process new customer setup with the Inside Sales team per SOP requirements and ensure completion of required documentation for compliance
- Communicate with the Inventory Control and Sales team to complete invoicing accurately and in a timely fashion
- Monitor Accounts Receivable activity and perform collections calls as needed
- Correctly apply client payments, process refunds and credit notes, and reconcile accounts in a timely manner
- Provide bank with AR deposit details and required documentation
- Work with sister companies on AR reconciliations and collections
- Reconcile petty cash monthly (or as needed)
- Maintain and abide by cash handling standards
- Prepare and respond to IRS 8300 tax forms as required
- Process vendor invoices daily through proper approvals, coding, and posting into the general ledger
- Perform monthly reconciliations of Vendor Statements for discrepancies, resolve inquiries and ensure timely payments
- Initiate vendor set up to ensure all information is reflected accurately in the accounting software
- Create credit memos for customers relating to cultivation taxes, samples, etc
- Process weekly accounts payable checks and coordinate disbursement approvals with the Controller
- Respond to queries and solve issues from Vendors
- Support Accounting Analyst on questions relating to AR and AP for month end close and accruals
- Help with Ad hoc projects as needed
- Maintenance and filing of documents
- Perform a variety of accounting duties for the department
- Two-year degree in accounting or relevant experience
- General knowledge of accounting methods, principles and practices
- Strong knowledge of QuickBooks Online
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact with staff and external vendors as required
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
This position is for you if you…
- Thrive in a challenging and high-performance environment.
- Have the ability to manage several priorities and meet deadlines.
- Are able to anticipate needs and are willing to assist as required.
- Have an interest in being part of an entrepreneurial culture.
- Are detail oriented and results driven.
- Embrace the challenge of a high growth environment.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team, however only those whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of this position will be contacted.
We do not accept unsolicited résumés from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee-based recruitment services.
Origin House is an equal opportunity employer and committed to delivering accessibility for all persons with disabilities. all persons with disabilities.