Greater Toronto Area, ON
We are currently looking for a Project Manager who is responsible for overseeing the construction of multiple new retail locations. Candidates who have previous experience with retail construction would be an asset. We are looking for someone who is a critical thinker with a strategic vision who will be coordinating all the moving parts
This project manager will be working with designers, electricians, and local municipalities as well as with general contractors, tradesmen and technicians throughout the construction process.
This role will be working with minimal supervision. If you are a self-motivated, proactive individual and have the drive to complete projects on an accelerated timeline we would love to hear from you!
- Lead and manage the construction of new retail stores from initial design through store opening;
- Apply for building and sign permits at local municipal offices;
- Site visit locations and report site progress;
- Ensure utilities and security and/or equivalent accounts are ordered and delivered to site;
- Communicate with suppliers and operational staff for delivery of Millwork, shelving, cash wraps, camera systems, interior signage and other components of the complete store;
- Negotiate with contractors and sign suppliers and or value engineer locations to maintain budget;
- Ensure projects are executed according to approved plans and corporate retail design criteria;
- Establish new processes and structures to effectively monitor and measure the progress of each retail store;
- Estimate project budget for each unique buildout;
- Develop and maintain construction schedule with opening timeline and staffing requirements;
- Manage contractor activities to ensure adherence to the project construction schedule and budget;
- Coordinate installation and setup of security systems, camera systems, IT systems, promotional media and retail fixtures;
- Lead project meetings with contractors, internal & external stakeholders;
- Be a subject matter expert (SME), applying technical and knowledge to the completion of project(s) and further process development;
- Interpret plans and specifications according to the scope of the project and communicate job requirements to contractors;
- Comply with best practices and standards for each retail construction which satisfy building core requirements and adhere to all company, provincial and federal policies & regulations;
- Prepare all project schedule status and reports for leadership;
- Be fully accountable for every new or renovation construction project;
- Review progress payment and invoices and approve and process payments securing various levels of approval for payment;
- Constantly investigate ways to improve processes, reduce costs, reduce steps/timeline to store opening etc.;
- Support the retail store facilities maintenance and improvement projects as required;
- Evaluate substantial completion and inspect for quality and set timeline with contractors for completion of deficiencies and/or modifications.
- Willingness to travel across Canada as required;
- Self motivated, organized, innovative, strategic leader;
- Strong communication skills with leadership and team building skills;
- Experienced with store planning and project planning for new retail stores;
- Maintaining cooperative working environment with all key stakeholders, contractors and management;
- Experienced with retail store build-outs, estimating project management, billing and accounting;
- Minimum 3 years of construction project management;
- G License with clean driver’s abstract;
- Expertise in facilities and property management;
- PMP Certification preferred;
- Experience with Autocad, Sketchup or equivalent an asset.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that reflects the diverse population it serves and we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are also committed to preventing and removing barriers to employment for people with disabilities, and we invite you to inform us should you have any accessibility or accommodation needs.