Santa Rosa, CA
WHO WE ARE AND WHY WORK WITH US?
Origin House is a North American cannabis consumer products company currently focused on building a leading distribution business in California, the world’s largest regulated cannabis market. By building a world-class logistics platform and supporting contract manufacturing assets, the Company intends to support the growth of new and established cannabis brands. The Company believes California, home to some of the world’s most discerning consumers and a nexus of information and trends, will be the point of inception for the global cannabis brands of the future. Origin House has developed a diversified portfolio of assets within the cannabis sector, including research, infrastructure and intellectual property to support our existing brands, partner products and distribution networks. The Company’s leadership and staff combines passion and a hands-on understanding of the cannabis industry, with proven financial and legal expertise. Origin House’s shares trade on the Canadian Stock Exchange (CSE) under the symbol OH and in the US on the OTCQX under the symbol ORHOF.
Working at Origin House provides a unique opportunity to help shape the emerging and exciting cannabis industry. As more jurisdictions across North America move towards complete cannabis legalization, entrepreneurs and investors alike are looking for opportunities to support and build companies in the cannabis space. Origin House offers the opportunity to be at the forefront of innovation in this industry, and to get involved at an early-stage. To find out more, visit us at http://OriginHouse.com/.
The Controller is responsible for overseeing the accounting department and associated functions for the U.S Parent Company. The Controller will assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of internal controls and procedures. This individual will perform a wide variety of accounting duties in connection with the preparation of financial statements and other supporting documentation and schedules. These duties include assisting with the preparation of quarterly financial statements and tax filings, and preparing monthly journal entries, account reconciliations and financial analysis. The Controller will also participate in the audit process as assigned and assist with various accounting projects as assigned.
- Prepare quarterly reporting of U.S. Division for consolidation by parent company under IFRS
- Oversee inter-company accounting
- Ensure that effective and appropriate internal control frameworks across Divisions and that Corporate Policies are being followed
- Lead, direct and supervise staff
- Support local management and operations
- Ensure the accurate and timely recording of accounts payable, accounts receivable, projects, and payroll for Division, and related payments
- Review and assist with preparation of bank reconciliations
- Provide support for key business initiatives such as ICFR/SOX and ERP implementation
- Analytical review of the reconciliation of balance sheet accounts on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Ensure that all relevant government reports and sales tax returns are complete and accurate and submitted by applicable deadlines
- Work in collaboration with senior management and FP&A function to prepare the annual budget, monthly forecasts and relevant variance analysis
- Assist with Corporate Finance function in planning and managing the annual audit process and applicable reviews of quarterly financial reports
- Identify and remedy accounting issues under IFRS
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related discipline required, CPA required
- 5-8 years of working experience in a related field
- Experience with US GAAP and SOX, IFRS knowledge a plus
- Experience working in publicly traded companies
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Outlook)
- Excellent analytical and financial modeling skills
This position is for you if you…
- Are detail-oriented and capable of analyzing and synthesizing large complex data sets with creativity and innovation
- Thrive in a challenging and high-performance, entrepreneurial environment
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have a demonstrated interest in being part of an entrepreneurial culture and are highly effective in working with limited supervision
- Are deadline driven with a strong work ethic
- Have sound business judgement and commercial acumen
- Are effective and comfortable working collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team environment
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team, however only those whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of this position will be contacted.
We do not accept unsolicited résumés from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee-based recruitment services.
Origin House is an equal opportunity employer and committed to delivering accessibility for all persons with disabilities.