Origin House’s California Distribution Division, Continuum, Signs Exclusive Agreement to Distribute Humboldt Sun Growers Guild’s Cannabis Brand, Papa’s Herb™
Ottawa, Canada – March 27, 2019 – CannaRoyalty Corp. d/b/a Origin House (CSE: OH) (OTCQX: ORHOF) (“Origin House” or the “Company”), a North American cannabis products and brands company today announced that the Company’s California distribution division, Continuum, has entered into a distribution agreement (the “Agreement”) with Humboldt Sun Growers Guild (“HSSG”), to be the exclusive distributor of Papa’s Herb™-branded products in California.
- Pursuant to the Agreement, effective March 25, 2019, Origin House’s distribution division, Continuum will be the exclusive distributor of all Papa’s Herb™ products in California.
- Papa’s Herb™ was founded in California in early 2018, and is backed by the Serruya Family, who have a proven track record of building dozens of retail brands within the consumer packaged goods business, over three decades.
- Offering quality branded flower and pre-rolls at a price point focused on the value segment of the market, Papa’s Herb™ bolsters Continuum’s portfolio and will help Continuum to meet strong and growing demand for value-based flower and pre-rolls.
- California’s illegal cannabis market was estimated to be worth US$3.7 billion in 2018 – more than four times the size of the legal market. By catering to consumers looking for affordable cannabis offerings that are tested and compliant, Papa’s Herb™ aims to help migrate consumers from the unregulated market into the legal market, which represents a huge untapped opportunity in California.
- A family-oriented brand, HSSG’s cannabis brand Papa’s Herb™ supports generational family farms by sourcing from regulated farms throughout the Emerald Triangle, while aiding these heritage farms to navigate through the dynamic and regulated market.
Commenting on the Agreement, Afzal Hasan, President and General Counsel at Origin House said, “Papa’s Herb™ is a truly unique brand that has come to stand for high-quality, value-focused cannabis products while remaining equally committed to sustainability and the community. We are pleased to partner with yet another authentic California cannabis brand to take on an important and growing segment in the California market. This Agreement aligns with and advances our stated strategy of becoming a preeminent global house of experiential brands by expanding our growing portfolio of California brands, while helping preserve Humboldt County’s cannabis legacy and shaping its future. We look forward to broadening our relationship with Papa’s Herb™ through our Brand Accelerator Program and supporting their growth through our state-wide distribution footprint and key retailer relationships.”
“Consumers are at the heart of our business. Continuum is committed to sourcing high quality cannabis products within each sub-category of the market to provide its retail partners and their ultimate customers with a curated selection of brands they can trust. To fulfill that embedded promise, we rely on the quality and consistency of Humboldt cannabis brands such as Papa’s Herb™ through our partnership with the Humboldt Sun Growers Guild. We’re excited to onboard Papa’s Herb™ products to our diverse platform and look forward to working with more passionate local California businesses to help bring their industry-leading products to consumers across the state,” added Sadie Reyes, President of Continuum.
A spokesperson from Papa’s Herb™, Max Benitah commented, “With Papa’s Herb™, we’re replicating the successful blueprint of building a product, that stands for quality and accessibility, while actively supporting the community we work in. We understand the importance of building brands and welcome the idea of working with like-minded businesses, such as Origin House, to accelerate brand growth in the cannabis marketplace.”
 According to New Frontier Data’s 2018 Cannabis Industry Trends Report
About Humboldt Sun Growers Guild
Humboldt Sun Growers Guild is a consortium that represents regulated cannabis farms from around the Humboldt County community, whose legacy, heritage and culture of growing the best cannabis, stands strong. The Guild is also helping farmers obtain necessary permits, operate in compliance with current laws, and implement responsible practices, such as proper water storage. The Guild also works with government officials and advocates on behalf of its members.
For further inquiries, please contact:
About Papa’s Herb™
Based out of California, Papa’s Herb™ is a family brand, that has formed strong alliances with regulated OG farms within the Emerald Triangle. Papa’s Herb™, represents our family lineage and history behind this glorious plant. Our quality flower is always sourced with that same origin of family and sustainability, by showing support to all the families and growers that are in our surroundings. Papa’s Herb™ is a brand “by the people for the people”, and we want to ensure that the people always have a quality source of affordable cannabis.
About Origin House
Origin House is a growing cannabis products and brands company operating across key markets in the U.S. and Canada, with a strategic focus on becoming a preeminent global house of cannabis brands. The Company’s foundation is in California, the world’s largest regulated cannabis market, where it delivers over 130 branded cannabis products to the majority of licensed dispensaries. Origin House’s brand development platform is operated out of five licensed facilities located across California, and provides distribution, manufacturing, cultivation and marketing services for its brand partners. The Company is actively developing infrastructure to support the proliferation of its brands internationally, initially through its acquisition of Canadian retailer 180 Smoke. Origin House’s shares trade on the Canadian Securities Exchange (CSE) under the symbol “OH” and on the OTCQX under the symbol “ORHOF”. Origin House is the registered business name of CannaRoyalty Corp. For more information, visit www.originhouse.com.
For further inquiries, please contact:
Marc Lustig, Chairman and CEO
Jonathan Ross, Origin House Investor Relations
LodeRock Advisors Inc.